Wikipedia

Search results

Friday, October 4, 2013

IF I BELIEVED IN DIVINE PROVIDENCE the election of Tony Abbott is God's way of teaching LABOR a lesson.


Red Coat Dreaming.


Most of the time I am in and out of consciousness learning about 17th century religion and politics for my novel-in-progress: Providence or Love In an English Republic. It's the roots of our Westminster Parliamentary system.
It's not hard to see God's favour is with the Papist's at the moment in Australian politics. On both sides of the Chamber we'll see Jesuits ruining/running the country. I'm sure our new Prime Minister's confessor, Cardinal Pell is pleased to have State and Catholic Church close, but I think P.M. Abbott will be keeping his distance as the Royal Commission into Institutional Cover Ups of Child Sexual Abuse is reported.

I think God has got a suspect sense of humour being the Almighty Puppeteer!


What has persuaded me to make my mark next to Bill for Labor? Because he's from Melbourne, and he keeps coming to Ipswich and Queensland? The bloke's got insight, a mission to fight and raise-up the forgotten people, not just say it like weaselly Tory Tony.
Ipswich Trades Hall Sept. 2013
Minister for Education Bill Shorten launches Shayne Neumann's campaign .

Yep, the personal touch is persuasive. I've been touched by a right-wing angel.
If the concept of Providence is with the Right then our Shayne and Bill matching up is Providential, and for us too!

Easily I could swing back to Anthony Albanese and that's why common mutual respect as displayed by these proud Labor men is reinvigorating and attracting new members(and retaining them...)
What would Dame Edna have to say about these two whipper-snappers aspirations?
I'm channelling Dame Edna Average, former Housewife of Moonee Ponds where Bill Shorten has his Parliamentary seat: 
Who do I think is the Messiah? Anthony or William? - Possums, neither of them...I can remember them when they were cute and cuddly little boys, sometimes naughty, mostly good...Of course they needed a good slap now and again but you could always shut them up with a good sing-song at the local worker's club.
They always had a competitive edge collecting the glasses, having sneaky drinks under the table. Oh yes, you had to watch them. We've all moved along since then, of course, but you never forget who your roots are.
Who'd make the best Prime Minister? Well, you know I am a little parochial and I've got a soft marshmallow in my heart for  Little Billy-lid as I used to call him! He does have his mother's designer taste and intelligence. A bit bespoke, Bill is, but scrumptious.

Now with  a name like Albanese - he said it sounds like everybody's favourite Bolegnese!  Not as common as muck, common as mince - does that sound Prime Minister material? I know they both come from short, working-class pedigree but they've improved themselves very well.

Albanese - it's exotic isn't it? Is it the right time for the ethnic experiment - we've had the feminist in the Lodge and look how that turned out. With these things you have to read the signs, and I'm afraid, little Anthony though smart and funny is from Sydney. 


His name reminds me of some out of mind, off-shore island somewhere possums, but like in the Pacific, you've got to be cruel to be kind, and if you want to be P.M. you don't call yourself Albo. Even I evolved from ordinary housewife to a life of celebrity but I don't think I would have got there calling myself Eddie, but don't listen to your old Auntie Edna I vote for the Tories!      

                                 In Mrs. Everidge aspirational days she wrote and performed this song as her party piece in 1959.
Please sing-a-long if you so desire, possums.     



Where it all began - belonging to the Tribe Melbourne.

If I believed in Providence my destiny was to emigrate to Melbourne and there meet my husband who also came from England and spent his adolescence in his parent's dream home in Highett. 

This democratic process to please ordinary party members and your colleagues in Caucus makes for extra effort and campaign funds, but I believe it will prevent the serious fraying of the edges of people being too conflicted to stay on due to certain policy issues, party squabbles and disruptions(such as myself to the Greens).
 I was upfront and told my M.P. Shayne Neumann for Blair(now the safest seat in Queensland!), and Bill Shorten when he launched Shayne's campaign, that the treatment of refugees was breaking my heart. http://woman-in-labor-alp.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/carrying-torch-of-labor-values-and.html

A rise in membership applications to the ALP since the election of Tory Tony and giving the member a say has also shown people want to see reform in the administration and direction of the Party with less influence of factional politics creating a corrupting oligarchy, most illustrated by the NSW State branch.

“But while it was their opportunities that made these men fortunate, it was their own merit that enabled them to recognize these opportunities and turn them to account, to the glory and prosperity of their country.” 
― Niccolò MachiavelliThe Prince

Bill for Labor leader campaign has been out and about with public forums and meet and greets everywhere. Politicians are driven - they have amazing stamina - what drives them? Their Faith in their personal God, a sense of Divine Providence?
A register for Religion and denomination along with financial interests and assets could help us pick what influences our politicians. Women like me want to know whose being guided by which God, and ask them about it. 

Women's lives are directly impacted on decisions to do with their reproductive lives, wages, housing, maternity leave, living longer and look how long it takes to get policies enacted that don't treat women as second class citizens.

In this time of transition, deciding between two intelligent, likable politicians with a similar cause for the 'fair-go' implementing Labor policies one has to find the significant difference that sways you to vote for the other guy.

I can realistically imagine the two contenders are not without some Machiavellan traits to get to their rise to senior positions in the ALP. Factions are a contrived tribalism for efficiency in getting the numbers but unfortunately as the current case of  NSW party-manipulator and former government Minister Eddie Obeid reveals - greed and ambition are timeless sins.
Life is a double-edged sword. The ideals of youth shouldn't be trashed nor signed conventions of international law on the rights of children and refugees, and coral reefs......

HARD RIGHT LESSON FOR JESUITS STUDENTS





No comments:

Post a Comment