Wikipedia

Search results

Monday, May 23, 2011

SHELL SHOCK - the last prawn on the barbie...


ONLY when the last prawn's on the barbie
and the crays have lost their skeletons,
and the coral reefs have gone to hell
will we realise there's no more holidays -
collecting shells.


ONLY when the last ski slope melts
and the oceans rise before our eyes
and the Pacific Islanders need boats
will we realise we have to co-operate
to survive based on Science


ONLY when the heat waves kill so many
and the storms have flung us asunder  
and we can't save Tibet or Nepal
will we realise pollution cost us
more than money.


 Lady Musgrove Island, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland,Australia 2010.
Under threat by acidification- Can human beings
Change and modify their carbon polluting ways
In Time?
Listen to
ABC Radio National:BY CLICKING THIS LINK

ALL ABOUT ACID SEAS On THE NATIONAL INTEREST




SHELL 
SHOCK  

In the post-psychosis after-life
I dissolved and my husband supports me -
Tried to work, but I've lost my armour plates
Over the years, like the crustaceans in our acid seas.

I am burned by brutal barbs which to others is a
Fact of life so I have to be a house-wife contained
Like a sensitive flower, a disabled angel,
Bereft of protection against the overload of debate.

Beauty is fragile and beguiling, I require landscape and
A park like an Aristocrat, so alien to my terraced heritage -
I have arrived passive and reclusive to the Valley
In perpetual convalescence and poetry,
Shelled to fleshy heart and brain, with the
Mantra of  I MATTER, IT MATTERS.



Home of the disappearing delicacy of Coconut Crabs - we holiday in Vanuatu 2006
TONGUE TWISTER



She sells seashells by the seashore.
The shells she sells are surely seashells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I'm sure she sells seashore shells.




Could Hoges forgive the ATO, come back and
Sell a carbon pollution tax? Please, mate?




Birth of Venus by Bottichelli in the Uffizi Gallery Florence.2010


"Shell Shock"
(c) copyright Julie McNeill June 6th 2011
all rights reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment