Wikipedia

Search results

Monday, November 12, 2012

CRISIS OF FAITH and a FEW GOOD MEN

GOOD, ETHICAL, SINCERE AND BRAVE, A NEW SOUTH WALES CHIEF DETECTIVE OF POLICE, PETER FOX BLEW THE WHISTLE IN AN INTERVIEW ON OUR PUBLIC BROADCASTER, ABC's LATE-LINE THIS WEEK ON THE HISTORY AND ONGOING INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP AND PROTECTION OF PAEDOPHILE CLERGY.




In 1770, British M.P Edmund Burke wrote in Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents that 
"when bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

When Good Men Do Nothing...

I had my first crisis of faith when I was 11 - chucked in C of E Catechism - and the Bible as absolute Truth.
 Adam and Eve was an arresting story but the woman being the cause of the Fall of humanity and being punished for it with childbirth pains, all for being curious, wanting knowledge?

I didn't articulate all this to the Deacon. I was shocked that he believed, really believed that God only spoke to Adam.

This co-incided with losing my faith in my god-like father for his adultery, and therefore my faith in the Holy one...

A GOOD MAN

Being a young woman in the late 70's and early 80's I was learning to cope with the lechery of  young and older males. I was able to find truth and meaning in the developments of  FEMINISM.

This enabled me to put pen to paper and present to the Universe my desire for a Mate who was Good and Cultured, Compassionate and Caring etc etc. 

At 19 I was already feeling like men wanted me as a Mistress not a Wife! I wanted one Man who respected me, One Man who was my Lover and Husband and Best Friend.

Whilst I was waiting for some printing of my Youth Arts program for the Melbourne Fringe 1983, I popped into the nearby Church for a quiet sit-down. It was St. Francis in Little Lonsdale St. 
Flowers filled the interior, and on the left hand side was a candle-lit chapel where Mother Mary was the Queen of Heaven, so I sat, and thought about my need to find a GOOD MAN!

I found a slip of paper which said if I prayed so many times for what I wanted(make a wish) and lit a candle, my prayer(wish) would be granted by the Saint - I forget her name. This was Magic!

ON THE NIGHT OF THE WINTER SOLSTICE 6 MONTHS LATER HE WALKED ACROSS THE ROOM WITH A SHIMMERING WHITE AND SILVER THREADED INDIAN SCARF AROUND HIS NECK. WE BOTH KNEW WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR!

Roy and I: Fitzroy Jan 1984

I understand the feelings of faith, but in my psychiatric journey I have also learned cognitively that "Feelings are Not Facts".(Feeling Good, The New Mood Therapy-David Burns).

This is why the announcement by the Prime Minister Julia Gillard to have a Royal Commission into the Child Abuses under the care of people in Australia's institutions and any cover-ups and protection of the perpetrators is a major step in our evolution as a civil society. 

The sad thing is these injustices are allowed to go on for so long. So many kids suffered, some didn't see the point of living anymore and some are hopeful Church and State will accept the Truth and make the World a better place. 
For those found to have committed the crimes, like my mum said, "Lock 'em up and throw away the Key!"
You can read why at Suffer Little Child Migrants

Which reminds me, I must go and put some cockroach baits down...Peace and Joy!

The Last Judgement detail of Hell 1505
Hieronymus Bosch.
or figurative picture of paedophiles going to hell.







1 comment:

  1. Well said Julie and hope the evils caused by the State and Church are exposed for what they have become under certain people.
    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete